Monday, August 29, 2011

Three Tiered Ruffle Dress



I was very excited to make this dress because it was a new pattern. I was also feeling pretty bold about the fabric combo and went for three different fabrics for the three ruffles (instead of the recommended two). Even as I was constructing it, I was excited about the end result.
The process was pretty straight forward. I made sure to finish all seams perfectly and to create my own double fold bias tape from the bodice fabric so that I can finish the neckline and armholes. And here it is, the final product. Several people on facebook responded very positively! Nevertheless, I am already thinking of changes for the next one. Maybe adding a ruffle to collar? I'll figure it out!

1 comment:

  1. Just discovered your blog and love your work! This is such a cute dress - can you share where you found the pattern? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete