2:12 pm to 2:32 pm-- PIN and CUT bodice, front and back, main and lining
- front bodice = 2 pieces each 8 3/4" x 12"
- back bodice = 2 pieces each 10 1/2" x 12"
- skirt = 2 pieces each 15" x 36"
2:55 to 3:00 pm -- MEASURE, MARK, and CUT border
- border = 2 pieces each 3" x 36"
TOTAL time = 48 minutes
6:20 PM to 6:54 pm - BASIC skirt construction
- BOTTOM: attaching border to the bottom (1/8" from edge)
- SIDE: MEASURING and PINNING seam allowance (5/8" from edge); STITCHING sides together
TOTAL time = 34 minutes
8:00 am TO 8:30 am - SEAM finishing for skirt
- SIDE: zig-zag stitch (stitch length was 2; width was 4 clicks)
- BORDER: FOLD, PRESS, and PIN the edge up for hem
2:00 pm TO 3:00 pm
- STITCH the border edge upward - what a pain in the a**! First, my bobbin was filthy and the bobbin thread kept bunching up so I had to clean out the bobbin area. Then, the fabric kept shifting around so that the stitching was not straight. After undoing the stitching three times, I decided to live with the imperfection and move. For next time, I must find a way to improve the process...
TOTAL time = 1 hour
3:11 pm to 5:32 - UGH! Dealing with bobbin issues again! So much lint in there... must be the fabric? Had to sew the stitches for gathering the skirt several times. Finally worked out when I changed the tension to 3.5
TOTAL time = 2 hours 21 minutes
9:50 am to 10:38 am = ATTACHING skirt to bodice and REMOVING gathering threads.
10:40 am to 12:31 pm = FINISHING the details such as:
- ZIGZAG stitch the raw bottom edge of bodice
- FOLDING bodice seam over the skirt's raw edge and STITCHING
- BUTTONS and BUTTONHOLES
- SCALLOP stitch on border
TOTAL time = 2 hours 40 minutes
ENTIRE DRESS: 7.88 houts